hi list,

is there anybody out there who is good at geometry? I need a solution
for the following problem:
I have a list of points [p1,p2,...] which form a polygon. The points can
be arbitrary, the only restriction is that the lines between the points
(where lines are the connections from point n to point n+1) don't cross
each other. now I need to find a point that's definitely within the
polygon, so I can use it for a floodfill. Does anybody have a formula
for finding such a point? The "focal point" (the arithmetic mean of all
x and y coordinates) obviously doesn't do it.

thanx,
valentin