Hi Teo,

To download files an get data from the internet (ftp and unsecured http) you
can use Director's set of Networking Lingo Xtras with methods such as
downloadNetThing().

To ftp data to the internet you can use the ShockFiler Xtra from
UpdateStage. This will also allow you to get a directory listing of what's
already on the server.

To download files from a secure http site (and also bypass proxies) you can
use the SecureNetXtra from Integration New Media.

Which ones to use depends on what it is you want to do - ftp, http, are
there proxies and passwords to worry about, etc.

Kind Regards,
Karina Steffens
Creative and Technical Designer
http://www.neo-archaic.net