Hi,
We have been doing the same sort of thing for many years, and have only been having problems since upgrading to Win 2K from Windows NT. We always include an automatic daily restart in the kiosks, which has probably made the problem less obvious.

I was just in the process of trying to figure out whether the problem is related to one of the many dlls used.
Now your email leads me to think that perhaps the mpeg is the problem. Are you using an xtra to play the mpeg?
Maybe Tabuleiro have some insight into getting around this problem, since they make several of the mpeg xtras. Perhaps there is a difference between using the DirectMedia xtra, which we were using, and the MpegAdvance Xtra, which we use now but haven't yet put it to a full test.

In our case it would be relatively simple to convert to Quicktime, which we have avoided because of previous memory leak problems. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what functions you used to prevent the memory leaks with Quicktime?

Regards

Cath Sample
Director
Phosphor Essence