Hi List,

I have ran into a bit of a platform dilema, at the moment i am using
Director 8.5 and I have a quicktime detection script for mac and pc
as
follows:

Behaviour on buttons:

on mouseUp
 cursor -1
 if the platform contains "Windows,32" then
   GetQuickieWin
 else
   GetQuickieMac
 end if
end

Movie Script:

on startMovie

if quickTimeVersion() < 5.0 then
   go to frame "quicktime"
 else
   go to frame 1
 end if
 --

end

on GetQuickieWin
 -- check that you have the correct
 -- path for opening the quicktime installer
 open the applicationPath&"xmovs\qt\QuickTimeInstaller.exe"
 quit
end

on GetQuickieMac
 -- check that you have the correct
 -- path for opening the quicktime installer
 open the applicationPath&"xmovs:qt:QuickTime Installer"
 quit
end

My problem is that my client is requesting that we produce an OSX
compatible projector, and as far as I can tell I am limited to the
following lingo either windows,32 or macintosh... there doesnt
seem to
be any lingo that can differentiate between mac classic and mac
osx...

Essentially I need a cross platform detect and install script that will
run on Mac Classic, OSX and MS Windows.

Any ideas on how i can solve this problem would be very
appreciated...

Kind Regards,

Dan Sheridan