Hi Deane

Mathew is correct, and for an example of dynamically building a tree, scan
further down the page to the last long example, if you following the example
it will build a tree as you open the nodes. Now that one is rather
simplistic in that it has only a couple layers deep. It also has more
"listeners" setup then are absolutely needed. For instance you really only
need to listen to nodeOpen, nodeClose and maybe the change listeners.. The
rest can be scrapped and unless you need the itemRollOver and itemRollOut I
think you can kill off those listeners. Also, beaware that currently you
can't do this with JS Syntax due to a bug, therefore you need to use Lingo.

Anyhow.. hope the article helps you a bit.

Sincerely
Mark R. Jonkman