> BTW, what is the general opinion about posting director/js - related
> questions on lingo-L? Offtopic or ontopic?

I say Off-topic: JS in Director is Heresy punishable by stoning and thus
shall not be discussed here!

Seriously, I have no problem with it - this list to me has always been about
helping to translate concepts and ideas into Director scripting, the use of
Lingo to do that was just the done thing. Now Director has Javascript added
to the mix, it's just another way of translating those concepts into
Director script.

We primarily talk about Lingo programming issues, it doesn't matter to me if
it's Lingo or JS advice we're giving.

Ross