Hi.

(Win XP pro, ATI 64 mb video card, P4 1.6 Mhz processor, 512 RAM, Director
MX, etc. etc.)

I have a scrolling field member that contains a long list of words, and the
font of these words is Arial.  In some of the words, I have the character
"s" followed by the character ">".  This is to signify a diacritic mark from
another language (transliterated Arabic), and for each instance of this ">"
character in the field, the font has been changed to "times new arabic",
which transforms it into a small line above the preceeding arial "s".

My problem is that although this combination of 2 fonts used side-by-side
works fine when I am editing the field cast member, when I play the movie,
on the stage the ">" character in times new arabic font causes a gap of
about 6 lines to be inserted between it and the next character.  This occurs
with and without word wrap, and in all framing states (adjust, scrolling,
fixed, etc.).

Anyone have any previous experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Dempsey, Consultant
Educational Technology and Software Development
Cairo, Egypt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.andrewdempsey.com