Any hints?

any reason why mySprite.Frame wouldn't work?

Nope - that works perfectly.

When you look in the script window's Lingo pull down for Flash members or Flash sprites, "frame" isn't there (at least in MX). I guess I should have dug deeper into the docs, but it was late, and I was looking for a quick answer - I suppose I should have tried "frame" as it's obvious, but I was only seeing "framecount" in the list of Flash props. Should have gone to the Lingo dictionary... sorry for the stupid question. I ought to know better than to think that the script window pulldowns are inclusive, but it's been a long year (and it's only March!).

Thanks to you and macmec for pointing out the obvious... I really need some sleep.

Gracias,
Kurt