On Mar 2, 2004, at 9:50 AM, Kerry Thompson wrote:

I don't want to discourage you. We do like to help people. It looks to
me, though, like you would gain a lot from working with a more senior
programmer, or taking a class, or reading some books. Warren Ockrassa
has written a good book for people at your level, "Director 8.5
Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide." There are other good ones, too.
Check out Amazon.com, and ask us our opinions about books that look
good.

Thanks, Kerry. I also offered to consult on the program when the question was first asked, largely because there were a lot of questions in there that were very broad and that, were they to be answered, would have resulted in the entire program being produced here in Lingo-L. ;)

I still think it's a workable book and relevant, since Dir85 files will work in MX and MX04. Those who might pick up a copy, though, don't give in to the temptation to buy used. I don't see any profit from that.

That might sound selfish, but it's not. It's advertising.

:D

Warren Ockrassa | President, nightwares LLC [EMAIL PROTECTED] nightwares LLC | Consulting Programming http://www.nightwares.com/ Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Chapter samples | http://www.nightwares.com/director_beginners_guide/