-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Gralish
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 7:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: <lingo-l> #flash type with no #flash props

What might cause a sprite to respond

put sprite(aFlashSprite).member.type
-- #flash

    but then show a "handler/property not found" error when I try to call
any flash specific property (eg: .playbackMode)  or function (eg: play(),
goToFrame(),..)  The flash member is valid and reports mediaReady = TRUE.
And there is an updateStage() call is in there after setting the member.

Director 8.5; Flash 5

The same code works flawlessly 99.993 % of the time.. but the .007% is 100%
reproducible in both projector and development.  It's a HUGE project and I'm
trying to find the allocation/resource handling error I must have & hope you
might have some idea.

One maybe clue or red herring... it's happening to a puppet flash sprite
that was puppet FALSE-ed then puppet again with a flash member.  There is an
updateStage call after the re-puppet-ing, & re-member-ing and before the
function calls.

this happens with flash members that work lots of other times with the same
code... even with the same repuppetting.... but obviously not exactly the
same.  I get to find out what is different.

What might make a flash report itself is a #flash, then immediately fail any
flash specific code?

Thanks for reading this far.

Mike Gralish

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]