At 12:22 PM -0500 3/3/04, Kerry Thompson wrote:
> >    "@//UserData/users.xml"
>>
>> Does that do what you need it to? Or do you need to confirm that the
>> UserData folder exists? Or that the XML file does? If the latter, it
>> seems BAPI lets you. If the former, you might be able to do a
>> getNthFileNameInFolder test for @// and see if the folder you want is
>> present.
>
>It does, pretty much. I guess I'll use your or Sébastien's method to
>store the path to the user data in a property. It doesn't look like I
>can use @// to store a path that works. Oh well.

AFAIK fileIO does work with director-ish pathnames.
so you could also check with fileIO, if you check for a file existence (to check a
folder existence you can't use this approach)

put mCheckFileExists("@//UserFiles/datafile.txt")
-- 1

on mCheckFileExists relativePath
  fio = new(xtra "fileio")
  fio.openFile(relativePath, 1)
  theResult = not(fio.status()) -- status() returns 0 if successful
  if theResult then fio.closeFile()
  fio = 0
  return theResult
end