> I have run the cd from the hard drive and multiple test cd's.
> It makes no difference. The crashing is different every time,
> never in the same place. Sometimes things play fine for a
> while. Many times the movies crash after playing for a number
> of minutes. It actually never happens right away.

Ok, then do the movies play ok in the QuickTime player? It's possible
either the movies or your QT install is corrupt. Can you re-install
QuickTime?

Have you run other tests to eliminate variables? For example, put them
one after another in a linear movie, looping on a frame until you reach
the end of the movie (check the movieTime).

I would try different ways of showing the movie to isolate the one thing
that is causing the problem.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson