Yes, this is extremely annoying - I had to figure out a work-around (also
for
a language program).

The way I did it was clumsy, but seems to work.  Whenever the scroll bar is
covered by another sprite, I use a sendsprite to a custom handler in the
text member to change it to a #fixed.  Then, when it leaves, I sendsprite
it back to #scrolling.

I know, I know... not pretty.  But it works. :)  If you want to see it in
action,
you can download the vc2_setup.exe file at
http://www.egyptianarabic.com/downloads/vc2/login.asp
and run the demo version.  When you get to the vocabulary list, click on
the little "+" button by the waveforms at the bottom (thanks Gretchen
for audio xtra :)) to see what happens when a sprite goes in front of the
scroll bars.  My sprite is not mobile, so I don't know if this would work
or not for your popup keyboard.

Hopefully this will get your creative processes going, and you can
send me a better idea for our next upgrade.

Regards,

Andrew Dempsey