> I have 3 movie clips that are 20-30MB in size. These
> movies come up on a mouseclick. However, after burning the
> project on a CD, the projector is having a hard time playing
> back the clips directly from the CD. When the whole folder is
> copied to the desktop, the projector plays the movies fine.
> If played from the CD, the projector asks to locate the movie clips.
>
> My question is -- is there a way that I can make the CD play
> back the movies from the CD without having the user copy the
> folder on to the desktop? Compressing the videoclips further
> is not an option.

I assume your projector is on the hard drive. You probably have a
director structure something like this:

 myMovie.dir/videos/palooka.mov

When you run the projector off the hard drive, it's going to expect the
video to be in the same relative directory.

To play it off the CD, you need to use code to set the file name of the
video cast member to the directory on the CD.

Now, you used a couple of terms that could be confusing--movie clip,
movie, and video clip. In the Director world, we usually call the
Director files the movie, and refer to digital video as video. I think
that's what you meant.

Another possible problem is that you're trying to play two or three
videos at a time off the CD. That won't work, because the CD seek time
is much, much longer than the hard disk. If you're trying to play two
videos off the CD, your CD will spend more time jumping back and forth
than actually reading the video data.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson