Hi!
The movies share a cast of artwork. There are 2 different backgrounds, which are on stage at start and end of each movie. In some cases there is a problem when the background changes, in some cases it is the same background.
I have taken out all the prepareMovie scripts - which didn't make a difference. All the movies share a startmovie script, which is in a shared cast. I have tried taking out the startmovie script - it also didn't help.
It's odd, because it has worked in the last 4 versions of Director, and it still works in Authoring.

Regards

Cath

At 06:08 p.m. 3/05/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> Hi!
> I have just translated a large project from MX into MX2004.
> It has a number of dirs which go from one to the other, and
> casts which are
> shared. The casts are being switched depending on what
> language is being used.
>
> It works well in authoring, but in the projector, there is a
> lengthy black
> flash between some of the dirs.

I've seen this some times when there is a blank frame at the end or
beginning of a movie, or you are manipulating a lot of assets in a
prepareMovie or beginSprite handler.

Do you have a bitmap that you can be sure is on stage when you call go
to movie, and is on stage in the first frame of the next movie?

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson