Hi all,

I am working in MX2004 on Win XP (although the problem also occurs in 2000
and 98), using that nice new 2004 feature where you can build projectors
with maximize and normalize buttons in the title bar (using the "Display
Template").

I have created a movie with a stage size of 1200 x 1024 pixels, but I run it
out of a stub projector that is 800 x 600.  So part of the movie is not
showing at the beginning, when the user runs the projector.  Initially,
there is a menu bar (custom Director menu) and a toolbar showing, with a web
Xtra member below that is sized to fit the 800 x 600 window.

I am trying to achieve the effect that you get in, say, Internet Explorer,
when you maximize a window and the interface expands (gets wider and
longer), without resizing any of the toolbar buttons.  In other words, all
of the menus and buttons remain in the same locH and locV, but the width and
height of the web xtra member below the menu/toolbar increases to fill the
maximized projector.

I first tried this with no bitmap members on the stage (I was using the
osControl xtra for buttons and tabs instead) and it worked great.  I could
capture the changing of projector size using the on zoomWindow and on
resizeWindow handlers, and change width and height accordingly.  However,
once I added bitmap members on the stage, I found that maximizing and
normalizing the projector window caused all the bitmaps to become hugely
distorted (expanded 2x or 3x their size).

I have spent a few days trying to figure out how to prevent this bitmap
distortion, but I now feel like I am going around in circles.  Anyone have
any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrew