>Thomas W.J.C. McCrystal:
>> _movie.castLib[1].member[1].name
>
>I wonder how do I know when should I be using square brackets instead
of
>round ones? I've already checked up in the Lingo Dictionary of MX04
release
>on page 101 that I can reference to the castLib by
_movie.castLib["assets"].
>I still couldn't' have found the page where it would say something
about
>member["asset1"]. So how do I know?
In general, brackets for indexes/chunking,  parens for functions.
However, with the castlib keyword, it's a bit screwy, so other
references get screwy as well:

put castLib("Internal")
-- (castLib 1)

put castLib[1] -- you'd expect this to work
-- <Void>

put castLib(1) -- this works
-- (castLib 1)

put member(1) -- so does this
-- (member 1 of castLib 1)

put castLib(1).member(1) -- look right, but boom!
-- throws a script error: "Handler not found in object"

put castLib(1).member[1] -- brackets, and index into member
-- (member 1 of castLib 1)

put _movie.castLib[1] -- with the _movie reference, works with []
-- (castLib 1)

put _movie.castLib[1].member[1] -- here, too.
-- (member 1 of castLib 1)