Kerry Thompson wrote:

IOW, it stops the animation, but
leaves the current frame on the screen.

Dunno what IOW means but if your problem is that the Flash sprite remains in the screen buffer, then you can refresh it by doing the stageColor = the stageColor.

But maybe not. Would it give me a blank screen for a frame while I load
the next animation? If so, how can I avoid that empty frame?

Here´s one possible hack. How about changing the sprite´s member for a bitmap whose image is the Flash movie in the frame that has stopped? You could do this on the fly (remember to set the posterFrame of the Flash member first) or have a bitmap ready for this.

HTH,
--
Agustín María Rodríguez | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.OnWine.com.ar