I have some weird problems with shockwave on the internet.
Director constantly mixes up references to casts and/or movies.

example:

I have a file main.dcr in the root folder which is the starting movie.
Also there are several subdirectories in which subprojects live, like
project_a.dcr and all related files are located in a folder called "project_a"
like the following structure.

   _

main.dcr

shared.cct

    ---project_a
   |       |
   |    project_a_main.dcr
   |       |
   |    shared_project_a.cct
   |       |

   |---project_b

shared.cct does not only contain data relevant for the main level but also for sublevels of the structure (and is linked to project_a_main.dcr for this purpose)

When I now want to go from main.dcr to project_a_main.dcr i get sometimes weird
linkage/reference errors like
"http://www.mysite.com/project_a/sharec.cct is not a director file"
which is obviously wrong because director is just looking at wrong location.
However in Director itself it works and doesn't complain.
So this is really nasty and hard to debug.

I re-exported everyhing thousands of times now and what's even stranger the error only happens from time to time and not alwaya.

However in Director itself also some strange behaviour is happening.
Sometimes Director places shared.cct not in the root of the project folder, like
"d:\dev" but above that in "d:" or even in a totally different place like the user home directory, which is also on a different drive (c:)

The platform is windows, Director is Director MX 2004 with the recent update.

Has anybody seen something like this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lutz