In the neverending story of Director bugs and weird behaviour i have another problem.

I have some flash sprites with transparent background which act as a menu.
Simple buttons which pipe through the selection of the user to director...

If i click on a button the complete sprite is flashing one time.
(It's completely invisible for a moment and then it redraws).

You would expect this to be a simple problem, like a sprite which is too short in the
timeline but that's not the problem...

Now the weird part. This problem is only happening in shockwave in the browser.
It doesn't happen in Author or Projector mode.
Furthermore it is only happening after the upgrade to Director MX 2004, it hasn't
happened in MX.

I also have the current shockwave version (through autoupdate).

It tried to render the flash sprite direct to stage and to include the background
directly in the flash file
but that increases file size (it's for the net) and introduces new problems like
flickering borders of the sprite..

Has anybody experienced something like this?

I'm thinking about avoiding Macromedia products in the future as it costs me too much of my valuable time to debug bugs like this. I can assure that developing with director for the internet is really pain in the a**.

Cheers, Lutz