At 5:23 PM +0200 7/31/04, you wrote:
Wow!
This thread made me open the Dir 4 Box for the first time in years, and there I found the long lost SoundEdit 16 CD.
It included the Hollywood Edge Sound Library, which I wanted to use.

SE 16 was bundled with Dir 4, wasn't it?

NOTES -> the SE16 CD that has the 100 MB of Hollywood Edge samples is SE16 version 1.

SE16 v1 wasn't finished when D4 Mac shipped.
(D4 for Mac shipped in March 94, SE16 in May 94).

SE16 v1 is NOT the Powermac release - that was SE16 v2.

btw -
for a cheap laugh, use Find on that SE16 v1 CD for a file named 'contract.mov'
(made during the end days of that release & hidden away on the CD by myself while creating the masters)

enjoy
-Buzz