At 04:35 a.m. 25/08/2004, you wrote:
Hey all -- trying to do the old school 'see quitscreen before exiting' thing
in 2004. I've got exitlock to true, and am only showing the closebutton on
the titlebar; I've got a main movie handler of 'on closewindow' but it
doesn't seem to be getting called; when exitlock is true the closebutton
doesn't work, and when exitlock is false, the closebutton works but it exits
while the on closewindow handler is called....

Perhaps you meant for your 'on closeWindow' handler to be, rather, 'on closeRequest' - which will be called when your end-user clicks the Close button on the titlebar so that you can take them to your quit sequence?

-Sean.