Dear colisters,
iīm working on a project i thought easy at first but got complicated as
some -i thought- easy thing to do became quite imposible. Hereīs the thing.
Iīm doing a project for a presentation that involves some map drawings. Up
to here easy. The problem is that as the presentation goes on i have to
"draw" roads on the map. I thought i could manage it with some kind of mask.
In adobe After effects itīs REALLY simple to do it. You create a mask and
you modify it through time so it gets the idea of an animation. The idea is
that i have two maps, onw with roads and onw without and i thought Director
should have some sort of masking like after effects, but the only mask
effect i could find was mask ink which i canīt vary through time. I was
unable to find an Xtra that would provide me with such functionality. The
issue is that i donīt know how to do it easily without having to copy pixels
in a really complicated fashion with copypixel command. Is there an easy way
iīm unable to find -itīs almost 2am and ive been woring all day now- or is
it not possible to do such a thing on Director. Roads -obviously curves-
should be drawn as some "car" drives along them, so blending is out of the
way. Well if anyone has any ideas about this i would appreciate the comments
im in a blank here now,
Thanks
Diego Landro