I'm not at all familiar with the term "video targeting" but I can tell you
that XObjects were phased out some time ago. The last version of Director
that could use them was D6.5.

-- vexation upon vexation

What is video targeting?

-- In video targeting you use a camera, quickcam or otherwise, trained on an
area you wish to reference and use it to detect changes, either of colour or
contrast, at points within the image in relation to a previously captured
image of the same view. This would allow you to detect if someone is
standing at a particular point in relation to the camera or, in my case
where a ball is in a tank of water by using a camera under the tank to
detect the shadow of the ball.

-- One of my lecturers found me an old copy of some demo files of targeting
and the relevant xobject and xtra but if what you say is correct about D6.5
and xobjects, and I doubt you not, then I'll have to figure out another way
to detect the blessed ball, maybe with hall switches and a magnet...

Thanks,
Alun Owen
MA MMID Student UWCN

- --