A symbol uses the case it had when it was first set. If you subsequently
delete it and then re-add it, it retains the settings of the first time.
My guess is that below, you had a #f symbol somewhere, even if you later
deleted it. Just make sure you set it right the first time, including in
the message window.
--bhakti

Jakob Hede Madsen wrote:

> >Why is it that Director sometimes incorrectly
> >interprets the case of a symbol? Example;
> >
> >myList = [#F: "aValue"]
> >put myList
> >
> >--[#f: "aValue"]
> >
> >When converting strings to symbols and then looking
> >them up in a list this can be really annoying! Are
> >there hard and fast rules as to what conditions this
> >will happen under?
>
> Yes. Hard. Fast? dunno'. It has certainly been debated before.
> Check some archives with the keyword 'symbolTable'.
> If that fails, call back.
>
> ===============================
> Cheers, Jakob Hede Madsen.
> email:    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> ===============================

R. Bhakti Klein
Lingo Programmer, Scientific Learning
http://www.ScientificLearning.com
http://www.BrainConnection.com
**
Baritone, Wicki6
http://www.wicki6.com
***
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa