Hi JF

First question is do you need to use External Event. In other words do you
need to talk back and forth between the two windows via the browser (not
sure if you could anyways).  If the answer is no, then simplify your life a
great deal by scrapping the externalEvent and go with
goToNetPage("Javascript:somefunction()") - you may wish to double check that
syntax. You may find that doing this completely resolves the issues that you
are having. Its far simpler to use and guess what.. you don't have to use
VBScript and you won't alienate Mac IE 4 users.  Just a thought anyhow. Give
it a try and let me know how it works.

Sincerely

Mark

Mark R. Jonkman
Mark R. Jonkman Consulting
ADDRESS: 20 Windermere Crt., Guelph, ON, CANADA N1E 3L4
PHONE: 519-837-8509
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]