Hi gang, sorry for the cross posting but I didn't get any bites on Direct-L.

I'm having some problems with external castLibs in Shockwave, version 8.

I'm trying to minimise download times by having re-usable and unique cast
members in separate cast libraries. Hence, I'm experimenting with some
different pre-loading scenarios. Overall my success has not been good. I've
had some success from my own HD in the dswmedia folder but not from my home
page server.

I'm using a "loader.dcr" movie that uses sw1, sw2 and sw3 parameters to
build the names of .dcr and .cct files to download which I'm doing with
preloadNetThing. The loader movie works okay.

The pre-loader movie downloads the target Director movie and the dummy
castLibs, as well as the castLibs that will be re-linked. ie,

loader.dcr       -- downloads everything below
                 -- all in the same directory
menu.dcr
dummyA.cct
dummyB.cct

newA.cct
newB.cct

When all downloading is done, (no problems with preloadNetThing and
getStreamStatus),  "loader.dcr" does a go movie to "menu.dcr" where I intend
to then link the new external castLibs but ...

Problem #1:
When I try to go from loader.dcr to menu.dcr I'm getting a Director Player
error stating that "dummyA.cct" is not a director file?

Problem #2:
Alternaltely, sometimes I get this message ...

"Director Player Error. Out of memory, even after purging all purgeable cast
members."

Any ideas?

TIA,
Randy