From: Colin Holgate [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 8:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> audio in shockwave movies

>In order to keep some sound quality I opted for 48 kBits/sec (in the
publish
>settings) and selected convert to mono (which I thought might halve the
size
>of the dcr when compared to using stereo).
>
>But it doesn't. And I don't know why! Do I need to convert the .wav files
>mono before importing them into Director or am I doing something stupid in
>the publish settings?

The 48 Kbits/S is a data rate, so that's how much per second will be
taken, regardless of whether it's stereo or not, or even if the
sample rate is changed. The convert to mono option will try to make
the most of the data rate, hopefully it will sound like 48 rather
than two channels of 24. In any case, you'll need to lower the data
rate to make the file smaller.