Hi, When an AVI #digitalVideo sprite is placed on the stage and its movieRate is set to true, a strange window with the Windows icon in the title bar flashes. The director movie is Hybrid. So, the cast library for video cast members is changed to the AVI or QuickTime cast library by its fileName property depending on the platform on prepareMovie. The dummy intial cast library linked to the movie includes only place holder bitmaps. Of course, if an AVI cast library is linked to the move at the beginning, it will have no problem. Director 7.0.2 & 8.0 / Windows98SE. Minimal scripts for reproduce the problem is as follows: --------------------- -- Movie script --------------------- on prepareMovie castLib("Movie").fileName = the moviePath & "AVI.cst" end --------------------- -- Behavior -- for Video Sprite --------------------- on beginSprite me sprite(me.spriteNum).movieRate = 1 end What I intended to do was initializing state of video sprites by setting movieTime and moviRate to 0 once and getting movieRate back to 1. Regards, Fumio Nonaka Attain Corporation [EMAIL PROTECTED] [To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/LUJ/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]) Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]