>>A googol is 10 to the 10th power. and a googolplex is 10 to the 10th
>>power raised to the 100th power !
>
>And even then it's a lower number than the 60x60 combinations.

Hmmm... not sure about that. Tim's right, of course--I think I had a head
crash in the old warmwear processor. Mathematically, a googolplex is (10 ^
10) ^100, or 10000000000 ^ 100.

2 ^ 3600 can also be expressed as (2 ^ 3) ^ 1200, or 8 ^ 1200 (unless I'm
suffering from another memory access error). I don't think I have time for
my computer to do the calculations in this lifetime, but eyeballing it, 8 ^
1200 looks smaller than 10000000000 ^ 100.

Any way you cut it, it's an impossible number. Consider that 2 ^ 64 was,
according to legend, enough to bankrupt a Chinese emperor (it's more than
the total number of grains of rice in China), then 2 ^ 3600 would
definitely require you to rent a larger apartment.

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network