Thanks for the pointers Jakob, I have tracked down the source of the
error, should have looked a bit harder at what was going on in the
de-bugger. What happens is that when I call the

interval = timeOut("textTO").new(3000, #tPause, me)

director is calling my global <on timeOut> handler which I'm using as a
general timeout script for when the kiosk is inactive. Is this supposed
to happen? I can't see why anyone would want it to happen, or am I just
getting caught up in a destructive thought-loop. The new timeOut object
method is unrelated to the old <on timeOut> handler, isn't it?

Hmmm, so how would I be able to have the 2 sorts of timeOut in one
movie? Back to the drawing board... some kind of encapsulation I guess

freaked-out

Jon Rowe