ah, I see what I left out.  Thank you very much for your help

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Ramesh C T
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 10:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Drawing in Director

Hi John

Apply this behavior to the canvas sprite

---------------
property pImage

on beginSprite me
  pImage = sprite(me.spriteNum).member.image
end

on mouseDown me
  oldLoc = sprite(me.spriteNum). mapStageToMember(the mouseLoc)
  x = oldLoc.locH
  y = oldLoc.locV

  repeat while the stillDown
    if x <> oldLoc.locH or y <> oldLoc.locV then
      pImage.draw(x, y, oldLoc.locH, oldLoc.locV, [#shapeType:#line,
#lineSize:1, #color:rgb(255, 0, 0)])
    end if
    oldLoc = point(x,y)
    newLoc= sprite(me.spriteNum). mapStageToMember(the mouseLoc)
    x = newLoc.locH
    y = newLoc.locV
    updatestage
  end repeat