Originall message

i am using the setpref() and getpref command to update my external txt file
but i am
stuck in one problem that the txt file that i want to create by using
setpref command gets created normally in the prefences folder if my
projecter is in the same folder in which the normal preferences lie(inside
director 8 folder)...
......... but when i keep my projector on any other location(i kept it on
desktop) then
the pref. folder is created but the txt file is not generated...and i get an
error msg...
saying ..."director player error", "script error".. but in authoring mode it
works fine and
shows no error...
        ......i am stuck again in my project..its urgently reqd...
please someone find me the solution....
     thanks in advance......
   .........junaid(india)

I had this same problem too ...
But thanks to people from the list
I started to use FiloIO Xtra ...
And I think that's good way to solve your problem

Macromedia Technotes
 the Message window: put interface( xtra "Fileio" )

Zbigniew Jasinski
aka SZopen             emails: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cell: +48 605242783          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             <*> The Lone Gunman <*>
 -="I'm not evil... I'm just good looking..."=-