i've found a solution to make a screensaver only with director (without
using other xtras, only BuddyAPI).
I'm writing a "free" tutorial about this, between 2 weeks i'll
pubblish. Now i'm too busy and i can't dedicate time. If you search on
about.com you can find  many VisualBasic projects free too use. If you
haven't time to wait my tutorial, you can use this VB files..
On microsoft web site you can find a Visual c++ to develope a screen
saver with MFC.

regards
Beppe Zupa