> 3.  Create a frame script.
>
> on exitFrame
> go the frame
> end
>
> 4. Open the Message Window.
> 5. Play the movie then click the stage.
> 6.  Press any key and watch
> the message window.
>
> You may not actually see the key *ESC* or
> *TAB* but I guess you have the idea already.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> cheers,
> John Erazo
>

>>> How can I detect when the "ESCAPE" Key is pressed? what is the key code
>>> number?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Ken

or get the little tool I made, cos I got tired of typing in the Watcher
window!!!!

- go to http://www.ultimatum.dk/ask/director/
- click on "Keyboard Tester"
- click downLoad
- unzip
- copy the downloaded file into the director xtras folder
- restart director
- select xtras/keyTestsmall
- hit escape key (or any other key you need to know the number of
- click on the window-close-button
- continue programming

;-) Ask

.....ULTIMATUM........