>I'm looking for some feedback on the 'most' accurate & consistant method of
>playing a click sound at a set tempo for a metronome style application.

If you're using D8, timeout objects are definitely the best way.

Let's say you have a sprite with this script attached;

on mouseUp me
   timout("Metranome").new(17, #tickTock, me)
end mouseUp

on tickTock
   -- play a sound
end

That will give you 60 beats per second, repeated until you tell it to stop
(forget is the command).

That's pretty basic--you can gussy it up and fit it into your structure
pretty easily, though.

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network