> I need to create a set of new sprites at run-time and then put them on the
> stage.  What I want to do is read a list of songs from a database and then
> create buttons on thy fly based on the content of that.
> -carlos

Hi Carlos,

(in Movie script):

on putOnTheStage myMember, location
  pSprite = sprite(firstEmpty())
  pSprite.puppet = TRUE
  pSprite.member = myMember
  pSprite.loc = location
  return pSprite
end

on firstEmpty
  -- searching first empty sprite channel in Score
  repeat with i=1 to (the lastChannel)
    if sprite(i).member = member(0) then return i
  end repeat
  -- If there is no empty channel show alert
  alert "There is no empty channel!"
end

for example if you have a member "myPicture", you can put it on the Stage by:
1. starting movie CTRL+ALT+P :-)
2. writing in Message Window: putOnTheStage (member("myPicture"), point(10,10))

you can call 'putOnTheStage()' in other hanlers (f.e. mouseUp, prepareFrame,...)

To attach some behavior to new sprite:

s = putOnTheStage (member("myPicture"),point(10,10))
someBehavior = script("myBehaviorName").new()
s.scriptInstanceList.add(someBehavior)

Szymon Drejewcz