Hello,

I'm working on an arcade game with racing cars. Everything runs fine so far.
But I have a problem with tracking the race time. At the moment I'm using
the time to create the lap time but it apeared that the frame rate of the
movie is different on a variety of systems. On a slow systems the cars will
go slow an on a fast system (800 MHz) the cars will go faster. The time on
the other hand is elapsing allways in die same speed (logically!).
I dont't whant to create al relativ time for example based on the "on
exitframe" event, because somebody slowing down his systems will have an
afford because the cars will be easier to handle.
So I'm looking for a way to get the same frame rate (i.e. 20 fps) on all
systems that are at least fast enough. Then I could say: everybody using an
PC with more than 200 MHz will have the same results. But - as I said
before - eventhough I set the frame rate to 20 fps faster systems go faster
the that.

Can anybody give me a hint to solve this problem (fast! ;-)) because time
isn't on my side.

Manny thanx

Xander