Hello all:

I was wondering if anyone has heard if the advent of OS X, being a
freeBSD system, will force the traditional lack of Unix/Linux players to
change?  With my current employer, we have a larger than normal
Unix/Linux user base, about 25% use the "other" platforms. We can not
ignore them as do many sites, but if Macromedia would like to tout more
than 96% of internet users using Flash, then they need to stop ignoring
the Unix/Linux platform.  I have created an online bookstore using
Shockwave and those who use it like it very much, but I get plenty of
complaints from the Unix/Linux crowd since they can't use it. Although
Flash 4 does have players for these platforms, Flash 5 has the best
programmatic usefulness to date; but without the player, we won't be
using it even though our navigation bar is a Flash 4 movie.

So when will Macromedia stop ignoring the Unix/Linux world? Will OS X
change the current attitude?

--
---
Peter Tierney