Hello all!

I am producing a pesentation on CDROM which includes several QuickTime
movies with voice-over. Typical file sizes for these movies are only about
10 to 30 Mb. I have been having trouble with the sound stuttering or
skipping, especially when a lot of movement occurs within the movie. This
problem mainly occurs with older machines and laptops.

However, I have realised that increasing the 'fifo' (buffer) size in the
Sound Out (DirectSound) QuickTime control panel does improve the situation.

So is there any way to automatically change this through lingo/xtra without
relying on the end user manually configuring their machine?
And are there any side effects from increasing this buffer?

Many Thanks
Neil JS