Hi,

I would like to know what would you suggest:

I*m should code an application which could read an external 1-bit image (for
example: bitmap format *.bmp -perfectly clean image-). Then I should code an
option to create a new Pattern.

The main idea is to create a Pattern Library so when the program reads a new
external image, it could rotate, scale and position this image so the
application could return the closest image (in porcentage) from it*s
Pattern*s Library.

I would like to know what would be more efficient in speed terms... should I
need to read and keep a bitmap image format or it would be more efficient to
code some raster application to trace a bitmap and work with vectors, after
all it would be 1-bit images.

Any way I would appreciate any ideas about how does Director keep the bitmap
format or how can I trace a bitmap and keep it in a vector-shape format?

Thanks in advance,

- F