-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] im Auftrag
von Kurt Griffin
Gesendet am:    Montag, 11. Dezember 2000 02:32
An:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff:        Re: <lingo-l> adjusting width of bounding box to length of text

> I am trying to program ...
I > could concatenate just one string out of the several text elements, but
then
> I cannot use each item as starting point for a jump.

Sure you can. Use the mouseline if it's a vertical layout, or drop in a
seperator (like a bullet) for a horizontal layout and make it the the
itemDelimiter. You will still probably want to adjust the width of the main
text box to make it pretty, in which case, you set the text member's rect to
a pretty wide rect, then use charPosToLoc(member "textmember", the number of
chars in member("textmember").text).locH to calculate the width you want.
Note that margins and kerning will throw things off a bit.
* Kurt