Jonathan wrote:

> I am coming towards the final stages of my dir. project and I still have not
> got my scripts to stop my main charecter when he hits a wall or an object.
> I have tried so so many ways.
>
> Can anybody give me some examples of such scripts.

Not specifically.

It's a classic problem. The man gets into a position that satisfies the
'stop moving' handler and stops. That's good. But, when you try to move
the man, he's still triggering the 'stop moving' handler. You either
need to back the man out of the 'stop zone' after stopping him or check
_before_ moving him whether he will collide and stop him before he does.

try this:
Move a 'footprint' bitmap _behind_ the background layer, check for a
collision, if there isn't one, move the man onto the footprint, if there
is a collision, move the footprint back under the man.
--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

I have no superfluous leisure; my stay must be
stolen out of other affairs; but I will attend you awhile.

           - Isabella, Measure for Measure, Act 3 Scene 1