This is kinda wacky.

I've a button. A simple button with different states. I've got 2 frames,
one at frame 20 marked 'lesson', the other at frame 30 marked 'quiz'.
Nothing fantastic there.

Now, this button graphic is being used at both of these frames, within
different sprite channels (6 for 'lesson', 11 for 'quiz') and both have
different behaviors. In other words, these buttons are DIFFERENT buttons,
with different 'lives'. Yet, they both occupy the same screen real
estate.

The 'lesson' button on mouseUp merely flips though a database of screens,
nothing elegant. On the last one it takes you to quiz. The quiz button
does the same, takes you through questions, the last one takes you to the
first screen of 'lesson'.

Well, what I'm finding is that the quiz button, on mousedown sets the
correct first lesson screen and takes you to that frame, but the lesson
button on mouseUP shifts it to the next screen (ie 2). In other words,
even though the button occupies a different sprite channel and has a
different 'me', behavior and everything, is reading the quiz buttons
(diff sprite/frame) downstate as it's own, and then does a mouseUp on
enterframe.

Weird.

 [ graphic design -|- sound design -|- shockwave -|- lingo -|- cdrom  ]