At 3:15 PM -0500 1/3/01, Slava Paperno wrote:
>I'm looking for a Lingo equivalent to the Tempo channel setting of
>"Wait for X seconds," because I want to pause the playback head
>while still continuing to play sound in sound(1) _and_ allowing user
>interaction.

Bryce's answer of using beginSprite is definitely the key.  But
rather than use a startTimer, I would just do something like this (in
a frame script):

property pEndTicks
property pnSeconds

on getPropertyDescriptionList
   lDescription = [:]

   addProp(lDescription,#pnSeconds,[\
       #Default:1,\
       #Format:#Integer,\
       #range: [#min:1, #max:50],\
       #Comment:"Wait for how many seconds?"])

   return lDescription
end getPropertyDescriptionList

on beginSprite me
   pEndTicks = the ticks + (pnSeconds * 60)
end

on exitFrame me
   if the ticks < pEndTicks then
     go to the frame
    end if
    -- by default, when the time is up, it will go to the frame + 1
end

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

        (Over two millions lines of Lingo code served!)