Irv Kalb wrote:

>> I am just looking for a way to block the mouse
>> from being "seen" by the stage movie while it is
>> over the MIAW.

Couple of approaches come to mind ...

In the behaviors on the buttons on the stage, you could try:

  on mouseEnter
    if (the activeWindow) <> (the stage) then exit
    -- rollover stuff
  end

Or, perhaps easier, when you open the MIAW, put an invisible quickdraw
rectangle, as high and as tall as the stage, on top of all the other
sprites on the stage, and use it to consume your mouseEnter events:

  on mouseEnter
    nothing
  end

Of course, when you close the MIAW, you'll want to remove the quickdraw
sprite as well.

-- Mark