stewart,
  does the same thing happens for all other
applications if so then check ur startup files.
lots of applications may be running at the same time.
u can type "msconfig" in the run menu and choose
"startup " tab and disable the applications not reqd
and then restart ur machine.
if this is not the case then most probably ur
application is corrupt or not installed properly or
some important file associated with this program must
have been deleted or corrupt.

best of luck.
junaid
multimedia programmer
india
calcutta.

Hi guys, this is my first message. Sorry it's not