I am looking at building a CD based catalogue app that stores
description,price image reference etc. locally in a database. It will
then compare the file creation date to a set update period and prompt
the user to update via the internet or failing that a floppy.
I thought to use something like getNetText to draw down a comma
delimited file and import into the database via an Xtra (looking at V12)
This way the client can generate the text files when they make
changes.
Can anyone who has done something similiar point me in the right
direction on this.
Is an Xtra the answer or would generating lists be better
There's about 30000 items, needs to be searchable by multiple query
and the price should be the only thing to alter.
Can you just update a single field within many tables?? Seems a waste to
update fields that are static.

Thanks for any help. I have to quote on this and I'm tearing my hair
out.

Brad
**[EMAIL PROTECTED]**