Björn...
Try putting both QT's into 1 file with 2 video tracks and then use
setTrackEnabled to turn them on and off as needed.
ie.

on mouseUp me
   sprite(1).setTrackEnabled(2, TRUE)
   sprite(1).setTrackEnabled(1, FALSE)
end mouseUp

This will turn on the 2nd video track and turn off the 1st video track.
I'm sure you could come up with a better behavior than that. ;)

I have used this before and it worked perfectly. One thing to note; for it
to keep in sync the 2 video tracks should be the same length. That doesn't
sound like it will be a problem for you seeing as they are the same thing
rendered twice.

Hope that gives you some help.

Later.
...Neil