Has anyone heard of Director forcing a complete crash of the system without
showing a Director Player Error message box appearing?

I have a presentation that runs in a linear mode (slideshow) and an
interactive mode. The slideshow is tailored by the client by selecting the
required screens.  The list is saved out in a property list to a text file
and read back in with Buddy API.

The client reports that 'sometimes' during the linear slideshow presentation
it crashes mid-presentation and forces windows reboot??? This can happen
randomly and never predicatablgy. The irony is this does not happen on our
test machine and we have not been able to replicate the problem at our end
on any other systems or even when we demo the program. Could ducking in and
out of linear mode and into interactive mode and back into linear mode cause
Director to get lost in the navigation and just decide to force a crash???

We are using v.7 and Windows 98

Any suggestions on what would cause such a major problem and whether this
could be the program or the system they are using?

David